Information We Collect
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Site or the Services. The information we collect allows us to offer our Services in a personalized and meaningful manner. The following are the types of information we collect:
- Information you give us: We receive and securely store the information you provide to us such as your name, email address, phone number address, and home profile. Our Services offer you the opportunity to create a profile and submit questions and comments that may be visible to other users of the Services. The information you provide in areas that are visible by other logged-in users of the Services may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You can choose not to provide certain information, but that may limit your ability to take full advantage of the Services we provide.
- Automatically collected information: We receive and store certain types of information from you every time you use the Site or Services. For example, we may automatically log your browser type, language preference, the date and time of your visit to the Site, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and the website you visited before our Site. In addition, we receive and store information about your use and activity on our Site and within our Services.
- Web Beacons: We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Other: We may also use clear gifs or other data files or identifiers to collect information for statistical purposes and to improve and develop the Services we provide. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- We use and disclose your personal information only as described in this Policy or as disclosed to you on our Site or within our Services. For example, we may use or disclose your personal information:
- To operate and improve our Site and Services;
- To fulfill your requests for certain products or changes in Services;
- To communicate with you about the Site or Services and to respond to any questions or concerns that you may have;
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- To third-party contractors that provide services to us and are contractually bound to safeguard your personal information (in which case we will remain liable for the acts and/or omissions of such third-parties with respect to your personal information);
- To link or combine with other personal information we receive from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Otherwise with your express consent.
We will remain responsible and liable for our transfer of your personal information to any third party.
- We may create non-personally identifying anonymous or aggregate data from the information we collect. We may use that data for our own purposes or disclose it in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
- Advertisers and third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes;
- Organizations and government entities that conduct research into energy usage and/or smart-grid technologies;
- Other users of the Services for purposes of comparing energy usage to the broader community; and/or
- Other interested third parties.
- Access: We make reasonable efforts to allow you to make inquiries about the personal information we collect from you, and when appropriate we allow you access to your personal information for review and updating. If your personal information changes, you may correct or update the information by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you wish to unsubscribe from newsletters or marketing emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails. For questions about the information we hold about you or to otherwise access your personal information, please contact us at .
- Choice: Where personal information is to be used for purposes beyond that which is necessary to provide the products and services requested or to comply with legal requirements, we make reasonable efforts to provide choices regarding how we collect, use, and disclose such personal information about them, including: (1) whether personal information may be shared byWADICwith a third party, and (2) where that third party is permitted to use such personal information for its own purposes (not on behalf of WADIC).If you have an account with us, you can control preferences regarding the use and disclosure of your personal information on your user profile.
- Data Retention: We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information, contact us using the contact information provided below.
- Security of Personal Information: We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we do not guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Site or Services, you can contact email@example.com.
- Third Parties:
- Framing: Certain sections of https://wadic.net/utilize framing and/or masking techniques to serve content from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our site. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to WADIC.
- Children: Site and Services are not directed at children under the age of thirteen, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under thirteen.
- Additional Information: For more information about this Policy or our privacy practices generally, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org